The Kanohi Avsa is the Mask of Hunger. It allows its' user to drain Light, energy, or positive emotions from a target at a distance. The user will absorb the energy removed from their target. This mask can be used to make lightless beings such as Shadow Matoran. The Kanohi Avsa automatically places a psychological barrier in its' victims that keeps their light from returning, however the light drain must be complete before the barrier is set. The power scream of a Klakk can reverse this by breaking the barrier. This mask is one of the few to have Elemental Powers, although it will not boost the user's powers if they already have hunger abilities.
- Vamprah used his Kanohi Avsa on Toa Nuva Kopaka to drain his energy in Realm of Fear.
- Vamprah also used his mask to drain Radiak's light, turning him into a Shadow Matoran in Shadows in the Sky.
- Åtukåm Aso - Primary mask.
- Makuta Rehkit - Formerly; now missing-in-action and presumed dead.
- Makuta Vahkuax - Formerly; now deceased.
- Makuta Vamprah - Formerly; now deceased.
|A Great Kanohi Avsa|
|A Noble Kanohi Avsa|
- Toa wouldn't typically wear this mask, as they feel its' power is immoral.